TkGate is a event driven digital circuit simulator with a tcl/tk-based graphical
editor. TkGate supports a wide range of primitive circuit elements as well as user-defined modules for hierarchical design. The distribution comes with a
number of tutorial and example circuits which can be loaded through the Help
- Easy to use point-and-click user interface.
- Customizable color configuration.
- Intelligent placement and movement of wires.
- Multi-bit buses.
- Hierarchical design through user defined modules.
- Six valued logic including 0, 1, floating, unknown, low and high.
- Wide range of circuit elements including:
Basic gates (AND, OR, etc.); Switch-level NMOS and PMOS transistors;
Tristate buffers; Alu components (Adders, shifters, multipliers);
Memory elements (Registers, RAMs, ROMs).
- Graphical display of simulation results.
- Breakpoints, single-step and clock-step simulator control.
- Includes a generic microcode/macrocode compiler for creating memory initialization files.
- Simulations can be controlled through the GUI or through script files.
- Verilog-like save file format.
This is primarily a bugfix release and includes fixes to shift device behavior and for a printing bug. Also, support for Czech and a "drag-and-drop" module creation feature have been added. The new module creation feature make it possible to create module instances by dragging the module name from the module list and dropping it into the main edit window.